Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kindle Skills - Transferring Files To Your Kindle

Special Thanks to Rhonda for this question and tip!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Jackie wrote:
Hey Cindy,

Hope all is well. It looks like you are a true master of time management because I can't get anything done since my Kindle arrived. (Smile!!)  First thing in the morning I check your blog and then... lol.  I have learned a great deal from reading your blog! In the April issues as well as other months you covered downloading free books from non-Amazon sites. I am missing a step when it comes to getting books from sites other than Amazon. I love Manybooks.net and Inkmesh and I have an iMac therefore, mobi is not an option for me. I don't know which app to use to open/send the ebook. I have tried Kindle, azw, mobi, txt but without success.  I am sure you gave us the steps but I can't find it. Please advise.

Oh, here is little tip you may want to share. During the cold months hands tend to feel dry and  many lotions/ hand creams contains oil. Kindle Addicts don't want to transfer the oil to their Kindle or the beautiful Oberon cover. Using Utter Cream is one solution. It moisturizes without an oily, filmy or sticky residue.

Have a great day.

Thanks
New Kindle Addict, Jackie

Calibre is the software you want to get for your Mac... it will convert books AND send them to your Kindle (if it is connected of course).
You will love it... Did I mention it is also FREE?

You don't really need a special app to send your book file (azw or .mobi are all great) to your Kindle. Just plug the kindle in via the usb cable, then open the Kindle icon. Then open the Documents folder on the Kindle. Drag the file in question into the Documents folder. Then disconnect (eject) the Kindle and your book will be waiting for you on your Home screen, ready to put in a collection or read... whatever you want.

Soooo glad you are enjoying that Oberone cover! And consider your tip (I think you meant Udder Cream) shared!