Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Free on Amazon Today

Beyond Eden ~ Catherine Coulter
Reader Review:
I read this book many years ago and I was happy to read it again. Coulter has a way of getting you close to her characters. Lindsey was raised by a horrible father. Always treating her like an outcast and constantly putting her down and abusing her verbally. The biggest deception and hurt happened when she was 18 years old and raped and beaten by her sister's husband. Lindsey's father blamed Lindsey and claimed to the press that she was a slut and a Lolita. Finally several years later Lindsey discovers herself. She becomes Eden a famous model and meets the man of her dreams. And now someone is out to kill her. Is it her Father, who was disinherited by his mother and gave Lindsey/Eden all the fortune, is it her old professor from college who is a crazy, is it her sister, or her sister's husband, or is it someone else who wants her dead. Good surpise at the end. This book keeps you guessing.
And Another Reader Review:
I believe this book was one of Catherine's first attempts at Contemporary.
First of all I must state that I had taken a hiatus from reading Ms. Coulters work since 1994. I'd been meaning to read this book for some time since it has been in my TBR (to be read)pile for sometime and I had heard from many different sources that this was a worth while read. I recommend that if you read the reviews on here still take a chance and read the book, I read the reviews and thought to myself it was going to be awful, but was pleasently suprised. I did not give this one a high rating because the end [was diasappointing], the plausibility of the whole Family [thing stunk]and the relationship did progress incredibly quick for someone who had been sheltered from men since she was 18 years old and then suddenly after 2 weeks of knowing someone feels so comfortable with them, to accept a proposal?????

The end had so many ludicrous twist and turns it was like OH COME ON NOW!!!!! (NO SPOILERS HERE) but when you read the book you'll understand EXACTLY what I am referring to. It was a fast read and one that I didn't actually won't to put down because of the mystery that was going on but still I really just HATED the last 3 or so chapters. Didn't make any sense.
Note: If you are reading this on your Kindle and want to get a book from the Kindle store now, type the title with your Kindle, then toggle your 5-way switch to the right until the word store is highlighted. Press in on it to search. When the title comes up, use the 5-way toggle switch to move around the book info area to read more about it. Make sure it is still free (or an acceptable price) before finally pressing in on the 5-way switch to "buy" it. You can always press the back button (before you press buy) if you change your mind. 

And remember... what is FREE today may not be FREE tomorrow, so get it while you can! Many of these books that were free just a few days ago are no longer.
Ask Mrs. Wizard:
Please send me a personal email (mrswizard@mrswizard.com) if you have any questions. I answer all my emails and am more than happy to help any time I can. Your questions mean a lot to me, and may even inspire an article that will help others and make this a more valuable resource to anyone who reads it. 

If you are reading this on your computer and would like to have this blog delivered to your Kindle wirelessly every day, click the link below. New subscribers will get the first two weeks free! If you know of a fellow Kindle owner, please share a good word and let them know about From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard.
From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard - A Kindle Blog