|Kindle DX folders|
same folders on Kindle Keyboard
On a Mac: You will see a special drive icon appear on your main screen with the word Kindle under it. Double click on this little drive and you will see the folders inside. To Safely Remove your Kindle from your Mac, simply drag this drive icon to the trash.
Once inside your Kindle, you can drag book files you have gathered from places like manybooks.net into the documents folder. Audio books from audible.com go into the audible folder. You can also put .mp3 files into the audible folder. This will cause them to appear on your Kindle Home screen when you disconnect your Kindle from the USB cable. When you select a music file or audio book, you will see familiar audio controls on your Kindle screen. Use the 5-way controller to navigate to the various buttons. Then press in on the 5-way to make it happen.
Files your Kindle likes:
- .azw (native Kindle book files) - documents folder on your Kindle.
- .prc (palm reader) and .mobi (mobi pocket reader files) - documents folder on your Kindle.
- .txt files (simple text files) - documents folder
- .htm or .html (web) files - documents folder - You can rename the .html to .txt and use them on your Kindle. I prefer to use Calibre to convert these to .mobi files for the Kindle to avoid confusion. Calibre also gives other options to make the books nicer looking on the Kindle. Also if your html file has images with it, it is very easy to drag the file to your Calibre window. It will convert the html file (pictures and all) into a nice little .mobi package for you to enjoy on your little machine.
- .mp3 (music) files - can go to the music folder (for background playing) or the audible folder (for more control).
Kindle Skills - From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard - If you have a Kindle you will love this book! Keep Mrs. Wizard in the palm of your hand. Get a sample and see. And if you like it... help me spread the word!
Ask Mrs. Wizard: Please send me a personal email (email@example.com) if you have any questions. I answer all my emails and am more than happy to help any time I can. Your questions mean a lot to me, and may even inspire an article that will help others and make this a more valuable resource to anyone who reads it.
If you are reading this on your computer and would like to have this blog delivered to your Kindle wirelessly every day, click the link below. New subscribers will get the first two weeks free! If you know of a fellow Kindle owner, please share a good word and let them know about From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard - A Kindle Blog============= Gift Cards - Always Fit Shop Amazon's Gift Cards - Perfect Anytime