Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Other EBook Readers

July 21, 2010 Cindy O'Neal

I love my Kindles (DX, Kindle 2, and my daughter has my first Kindle). They are all doing great and I love the way they feel in my hands when I am reading a great book. Talk about taking me away!

BUT... I also have an iPhone and I love all the apps available for it too. I have gotten more use out of this contraption than I ever got out of my previous cell phones. It is wonderful to know that with the Amazon Kindle app (free) I can have access to my entire library of purchased Amazon books at my fingertips at all times. I use it to track my 3 mile walk every morning (runkeeper), read and sample books I can't get on Amazon (like Barnes and Noble, Fictionwise, ereader.com and others), read pdf files, listen to audio books (mp3 files) and music while I walk, and access my entire library on Audible.com with a recent free app from them. Heck, I'm making sure we get our money's worth out of the unlimited Internet package we are paying for by using it to listen to lots of Internet radio too... Geez!  My husband says I always have that thing either on, or on and plugged into my ears. hehehe... I love it.

The iPhone and iTouch are great ways to add to your eReader capabilities, especially if you have a family and like sharing.  Much as I hate to admit it, I can't have a Kindle in my hands at all times. But... my cell phone is handy all the time. It is nice to know my precious books are handy too!

If you have one of the new Android products, you have all these goodies now too.

I am amazed at how such a little contraption can do so much! VIVA Technology!