Just start typing... That is all you need to know to search for something. From pretty much any screen on your Kindle, the moment you start typing something (accidentally or on purpose) the little typing box will appear with the letters you type appearing one at a time. If you make a mistake, press the DEL key to go back (erase) one letter at a time. Use the 5-way toggle switch to move the blinking cursor if you want to insert a letter somewhere to make a correction.
Once you have what you want to look for typed, move the 5-way switch to the right until what you want to search is highlighted:
- find = within the book or document you are reading
- my items = anything on your Kindle
- store = the Kindle store
- google = yep, good ol google on the Internet
- wikipedia = wikipedia (on the Internet)
- dictionary = the built in dictionary on your Kindle
When what you want to search is highlighted, press in on the 5-way toggle switch to make it happen.