Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kindle update Soon?

June 16, 2010 Cindy O'Neal
From Amazon (as of June 14)
We're excited to announce that a new, free software update is now available for Kindle and will be automatically delivered to your device. We'll be rolling out this update wirelessly to Kindle devices over the next few weeks. There's nothing you need to do other than keep your wireless turned on. If you don't have wireless connectivity or if you want to enjoy the new features sooner, you can download the software update to your computer and simply follow the instructions:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesoftwareupdates

The features included in this update are:

- Collections: Organize your books and documents into one or more collections
- Facebook & Twitter Posts: Share your notes and highlighted book passages with friends on Facebook and Twitter directly from your Kindle
- Popular Highlights: See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you're reading
- PDF Pan and Zoom: Zoom into PDFs and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics
- Password Protection: Password protect your Kindle when you're not using it
- More font sizes & Improved Clarity: Enjoy two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts for an even more comfortable reading experience

Learn more about these new features:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesoftwareupdates
===========

Looks like it has happend on my Kindle DX. O happy DAY! I will be organizing my buns off with the new Collections feature and let you know step by step tomorrow, and about the other features as I find and check them out.

It has not happend on my regular Kindle as yet, but I keep the Internet turned on normally, and never turn either of them off (just let them sleep), so it should be happening soon (I hope). I don't want to go for the download and install the update myself. I did that last time and it was fine, but I wanted to experience the automatic update fully this time. It ain't easy being patient, but I am curious how long it will ultimately take for them to get around to me. Hmmmm... Wonder if it is alphabetical?

Oh well... in the meantime folks, enjoy all the new free books I have found. It's going to be a fun summer!