Just in Case:
If your Kindle 2 ever locks up and you can't do anything. This is how to reset it.
- Make sure it is unplugged
- With your finger, slide the power switch on the top to the right and hold.
* At 5 seconds (about), the screen will go blank
* At 15 seconds, let go of the switch. Do nothing else but watch the screen.
* At about 30 seconds, the screen will begin to flash
* At about 35-40 seconds, the Kindle logo will appear and the loading bar will begin
* At about 1 minute 30 seconds (this may vary depending on how many books you have on your Kindle) the Home screen will reappear.
* By about 2 minutes your Home screen should be fully loaded and your device should be finished checking for updates, etc.
Wouldn't it be nice if Life came with a reset button???