Just remember... You put the password there. You can take it out.
To remove a password on your Kindle:
- From the Home screen on your Kindle, press the Menu button.
- Move the selector (5-way controller) down to the words Device Password - You should see the words Turn Off underlined to indicate it is selected.
- Press in on the 5-way selector
- Another box will appear wanting you to enter your existing password (you DO remember it, right?)
- Enter the current password, then navigate to the word submit and press in on the 5-way controller.
- Press the Home button to return to your normal Home screen on your Kindle.
You just turned off the password.
You don't EVER want to have to do this:
If you cannot remember the password for your Kindle, you can reset your password to regain access. Resetting your password will delete all content on your Kindle and you'll need to register your Kindle again from the Settings screen before downloading items from your Kindle Library on Amazon.com.
To reset your Kindle if you don't have the password:
- Slide and release the power switch on the top of Kindle to turn on the device or exit sleep mode.
- Enter "resetmykindle" in the password field and press the enter key on the key pad.
- Wait several minutes while your Kindle restarts.