Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kindle Skills - Share Yours

One of my favorite things to do is help someone over the phone while being able to see their computer screen at the same time. It is so much easier when you can actually see the same thing they are looking at.

One of the tools I use is Crossloop (http://crossloop.com). It is free, and very easy and secure to use on both ends. Unfortunately, the person you are helping has to actually install the software and sign up for a user id and password in order for you to be able to help them.

Recently I found something even easier to use in a pinch. The next time you would like to help someone, go to http://join.me. Have them go there with their browser too... It is so easy and straightforward, you will be helping in no time at all!  You don't have to have any special skills, the person you are helping will "share" their screen with you by giving you a number you will type into your browser window. Once you are connected, you can see what is going on and help in a way you never thought possible.

I am finding myself using it more and more. I love things that don't waste brain cells!

Ask Mrs. Wizard: Please send me a personal email (mrswizard@mrswizard.com) if you have any questions. I answer all my emails and am more than happy to help any time I can. Your questions mean a lot to me, and may even inspire an article that will help others and make this a more valuable resource to anyone who reads it. 

If you are reading this on your computer and would like to have this blog delivered to your Kindle wirelessly every day, click the link below. New subscribers will get the first two weeks free! If you know of a fellow Kindle owner, please share a good word and let them know about From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard - A Kindle Blog