Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kindle Skills - iPhone Kindle app discovery

If you have an iPhone, and if you have the Kindle app on it (you should), and if you check your email on your iPhone too (you know who you are), you are going to love this!

To put a personal file into your Kindle app on your iPhone:

  • Use your MobiPocket Reader or Calibre if you have a Mac to convert the file to a .prc file. 
  • Then email that file to yourself. 
  • Open the attached file from your iPhone email.
  • You will see a message offering to open it with your Kindle app. Say "yes!"
So far I have only tried this with my cookbook, as a personal .prc file, because that is what I happened to be tinkering with at the time. I also discovered this does not work with the Android Kindle app. My daughter tried it on hers and nothing happened. Oh well. It works great on my iPhone!
Ask Mrs. Wizard:
Please send me a personal email (mrswizard@mrswizard.com ) if you have any questions. I answer all my emails and am more than happy to help any time I can. Your questions mean a lot to me, and may even inspire an article that will help others and make this a more valuable resource to anyone who reads it. Enjoy!

If you are reading this on your computer and would like to have this blog delivered to your Kindle wirelessly every day, click the link below. New subscribers will get the first two weeks free! If you know of a fellow Kindle owner, please share a good word and let them know about From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard.