Friday, September 03, 2010

Kindle Skills - Keeping It Clean

September 3, 2010 Cindy O'Neal

Well! This title could go in a couple of directions, couldn't it? It could have to do with all the crap out there that just isn't worth reading, but you have to make your own decision in that respect. Far be it from old Mrs. Wizard to tell anyone what sucks and what doesn't. This doesn't mean I don't have definite opinions. I just don't dare begin sharing or I may not be able to stop...and at my age it could get ugly.

Nope, I'm talking about physically keeping your Kindle nice and clean, and if you like passing it around so friends and neighbors, even strangers can drool (don't you just LOVE it!), how to sanitize it at the same time.

I keep good old fashioned alcohol in a spritzer bottle (actually several in different places in the house). Spritz a little alcohol on a lint free cloth and just wipe it down... front and back. It doesn't leave streaks and we all know what alcohol does to nasty germs. It is great for removing fingerprints too. If you have any of those eyeglass cleaning cloths lying around, they are perfect. You might want to keep one close to your Kindle for the occasional quick dry wipe down.

I use alcohol in the bathroom... to wipe down faucets and other hardware and leave them shining and germ free. I saw our plumber using alcohol years ago and have been using it myself since.