Want to save information from a website to read at your leisure with your Kindle? There are plenty out there, just waiting for you to save.
- Find the page you want (web pages with lots of text convert the best for the Kindle). Images can be iffy.
- Click the word File at the top of your browser window, then Save As.
- Choose to save it as a web page (.htm or .html).
- Save it on your Desktop, or somewhere you can find it easily.
- Open Calibre. Left click and drag the file to the area where your existing books are listed.
- You will see the familiar hourglass while your "book" is being created. When it is finished, the title should match the file name.
- Click the little down arrow to the right of the Convert Books button and choose Convert individually. Make sure your new book is highlighted (selected) first.
- Be sure to double check the top right area of the next window (the conversion last chance window) to make sure .mobi format is chosen as your output format. If you don't see MOBI, click the little down arrow to the right and choose it from the drop down list.
- Wait a bit and you will see a nice little link to the .mobi formatted copy next to the .zip original that was created when you dragged the web page file over. If you open the .zip file you will see there are probably lots of related files included to make the overall "book." Calibre tries to glean as much as it can from a web file so the final converted file will be as complete as possible. It isn't perfect, but it is very good.
- All that is left is for you to send your newly converted information "book"/file to your Kindle for future use.