If you keep your Kindle connected to the Internet, you don't need to do a thing. The update will just happen automatically. If not, you can visit the Amazon link (below) and find instructions to get it right now.
Click HERE to read more.
It is free of course. Here are the highlights:
New features in this update include:
- Improved reading font that is higher contrast and crisper so that you can enjoy a paper-like reading experience.
- Parental Controls that allow you to restrict access to the Experimental Web Browser, Archived Items, and the Kindle Store.
- Support for books with complex layouts and formats with Kindle Format 8.
- Support for children's books with Kindle Text Pop-Up and comic books with Kindle Panel View (which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel). Books that support these features will be available in the Kindle store over the next few weeks.
- Dictionaries grouped into a collection in Home and Archived Items called "Dictionaries" for better organization.
- Improved table and image viewing (panning and zooming) on supported titles.