Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kindle Skills - Charging the Kindle

Charging with the wall plug will give you a faster charge than charging it while connected to a computer via USB. I have no idea why.

The only time I connect the Kindle to a computer via USB is when I am transferring books to it.

The USB cable is interchangeable for Kindle 2 and 3 and the DX. The first Kindle has a different connection (slightly larger) on the cord end that connects to the Kindle. I have found it to be the same as several of my camera USB connectors, so they can do double duty in a pinch. Don't hesitate to go through your private stash of extra cables (I know you have one). You never know.

Kindle Skills - From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard If you have a Kindle you will love this book! Get a sample and see.

Ask Mrs. Wizard: Please send me a personal email (mrswizard@mrswizard.com) if you have any questions. I answer all my emails and am more than happy to help any time I can. Your questions mean a lot to me, and may even inspire an article that will help others and make this a more valuable resource to anyone who reads it. 

If you are reading this on your computer and would like to have this blog delivered to your Kindle wirelessly every day, click the link below. New subscribers will get the first two weeks free! If you know of a fellow Kindle owner, please share a good word and let them know about From the Desk of Mrs. Wizard - A Kindle Blog