Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kindle Skills - Multitasking

I don't know how it happens sometimes, but I have caught myself more and more lately with several books on my Kindle going at the same time. The worst part is, they are still making sense. I never used to be able to do that before! I was a "one thing at a time" kind of gal.

One of the great things about our Kindles is how we can read a book, go on to another one, then return to any other book we have begun, knowing when we open it, it will be exactly where we left it before.  And we don't have to do a thing, other than open it and begin reading. Our places are always saved.

I love it!

I have found myself reading a lot more than I had been able to before. The Kindle is certainly easier on my eyes, and since it is no bigger than many paperbacks, it is easy to carry an entire library around at all times, no matter where I happen to be, which makes reading several books at a time a lot easier.

I have been reading a lot on my iPhone too. That is turning out to be a device I want to have close all the time now. The Internet, Audible.com (I have an app for that), Amazon and Kindle (an app for that of course) are all just a touch away. Heck, I was at a meeting not too long ago and discovered a new perfume I fell in love with, asked the gal what it was, and without even thinking, looked it up on Amazon and had it ordered and on the way to my house before the meeting was even over. Now that has to be some kind of a sin. Talk about an impulse purchase!

Reading in a car isn't a bad experience either. I don't know why either, because when I was a kid, reading in the car was a certain ticket to barf city for me. Maybe it is an age thing, because now I can lounge in the front seat or the back seat with a good book on the Kindle or iPhone (great after dark) while hubby drives (he loves it) all over the country. We do enjoy road trips, and now I have reason to love them even more.

Looking forward to 2011 and all the good things my Kindle has for me. I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas season and are looking forward to the next year too!