Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Audible - An Amazon Company

I don't know how far behind the times I am but yesterday I discovered what I had only suspected for some time now... Audible.com is now part of Amazon. It happened when I signed on to my Audible account and was offered a chance to use my Amazon user id and password to log in to both.
I love the notion that now you can purchase great audio books from the same folks who have the largest bookstore in the world. I have been an audible.com member for years and love listening to audio books when I am doing things that don't allow for Kindle or hard copy use, like long walks with the dogs or "quiet" chores.

Several years ago I was introduced to audio books because I could no longer read physical books comfortably. It took a while to learn to not be distracted and just jump into an audio book, but I love them now. Now that my eyes are better (good technology and surgical lens implants) I am loving being able to hold a book (my Kindle) and get lost in a book visually again, but I appreciate those audio books and they still have an important place in my days.

If you haven't tried an audio book on an mp3 player yet, there are all kinds of links to a free trial of audible.com from books on Amazon. Give it a whirl and treat yourself to a free audio book (or two)! If you are a long time member of Audible.com already, you will love being able to access both with your Amazon user id and password. If you prefer to keep them separate, that is ok too.