Thursday, May 13, 2010

New iPhone

Originally posted May 13, 2010 by Cindy O'Neal

Wow! I had to replace my old cell phone two days ago and ended up with a new iPhone, thanks to a very generous husband. This thing is connected to the Internet all the time, and that means it will be connected to me all the time.

Of course the first app I installed was the Kindle app so I would have access to my Amazon library. Then I installed the app for Barnes and Noble, and the ereader.com app, and Stanza. Every one of these places have access to free books. I prefer purchasing at Amazon, but if someone else has what I want for less in the ebook flavor, I would certainly consider them. It hasn't happened yet, but it could I suppose.

I knew within the first hour I was going to have this new little machine close to me all the time, so I made arrangements for my daughter to take custody of my 2 year old iTouch (an iPhone without the phone part). She is pretty excited about that and I'm happy it won't be neglected. It has been (and still is) a great little machine. It has the Kindle app with my account already on it, so she will be able to have access to my library too. I love sharing books with her.

When I was a kid, my mother used to accuse me of having a book in my face all the time. I never thought I would repeat this, but... The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I love this time we are living in!