Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kindle Skills

Originally Posted May 15, 2010 by Cindy O'Neal
A very special Thank YOU to all of you who have been reading From The Desk Of Mrs. Wizard since I began sharing my thoughts, tips and free ebooks in February. My goal is to keep my posts short so you can learn little bits each day without being overwhelmed. Free books are always welcomed, and I share the ones that appeal to me. I hope you will like them too. Since that with my first Kindle inside arrived, it has been wonderful knowing I would always have a great read at my fingertips. I sincerely hope you are looking forward to more in the future as much as I am.

Kindle Web Bookmarks
Your Kindle has a very nice connection to the Internet, any time you need one. It can get on the Internet when no one else can (it seems sometimes). If you are in a car, or doctor's office, you may have special web sites you want to keep up with. Instead of typing in the URL (web address), bookmark your favorite pages for viewing any time you want.

Go to the web site
  • With your Kindle on the Home page, type the web address you want to go to (mobile.allrecipes.com - no need to type the http:// stuff). 
  • Toggle your 5-way switch to the right until the words go to are highlighted. 
  • Press in on the 5-way switch to make it happen.
  • When you arrive at the web site, press the Menu button on your Kindle.
  • Toggle down until the words Bookmark This Page is underlined.
  • Press in on the 5-way switch to make it happen.
Using your bookmarks
  • When on any web page, press the Menu button.
  • Toggle the 5 way switch until the word Bookmarks is underlined.
  • Press in on the 5-way to view your bookmarks list.
  • Your bookmarks list could be several pages (like your Home screen). Toggle the 5-way until the bookmark you want to go to is underlined.
  • Press in on the 5-way switch to go there.