Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sharing your Kindle books

Originally posted February 23, 2010 by Cindy O'Neal 

It isn't easy, but it is do'able. All my Kindle books are tied to my Amazon account. I have (had) the Kindle 1, a Kindle 2 and a Kindle DX (Love them ALL). I gave my first Kindle to our daughter, Kelly so it could continue to be exercised and loved. Instead of deactivating it and activating it for her personal Amazon account, we kept it on my account. When she wants to purchase a book, she just sends me an Amazon gift certificate to cover the cost (usually for several books). Then she can search for and purchase the books she wants right from her Kindle. She also has access to all the archives associated with the account.

Not too long ago, we discovered the I Heart Bloomberg series... Kelly loved the first one, so as she was finishing it, I jumped on Amazon.com (my favorite place to shop) and purchased the second one for her. It was neat being able to "send to Kelly's Kindle"... can't tell you how good that made me feel as a mom. As a voracious reader, it is wonderful when you see a book "grab" someone you love, and see them enjoy it so much. She has finished the 4 book series, and I finally decided to give the first one a whirl... it grabbed me too! Sure am glad we have the whole series on our Kindles!