Thursday, May 03, 2007

At Last! VISTA is good!

Installing all the "important stuff" on the new VISTA machine is just about completed, and I am getting to the point where I can actually fall for this new system. It is a lot more secure, although that extra layer of security can be a pain in the tail sometimes.

My Photoshop and Dreamweaver suite is working great and I'm looking forward to giving it a real workout in the next few days. The Soapmaker program didn't sass Vista much, except for a little work around regarding the help file. Seems you need to give the ".chm" type help files a little extra permission in order to read them properly. I noticed when I installed the latest CorelDRAW graphics suite the help file was unavailable in the Font Navigator... amazing I haven't been able to find a workaround for that yet... and the interesting thing is that on the box it is clearly stamped with an official Vista compatibility seal... Hmmmmm?

I'm not complaining. I have Incredimail installed and all is right with the world!