Saturday, January 20, 2007

Getting Ready for Vista

Now I have a little free time, I have been reading all I can get my hands on about the new Windows operating system, VISTA... very intimidating and while there seems to be a lot of familiar comforts (right clicking will still give you choices!), there are a few things that make me a bit nervous...

I have pretty much decided to leave my existing computers with XP Pro alone, rather than upgrading them, and will just wait until VISTA is out and already installed on the next machine we order. It is a little different from the way I felt when I had a laptop with Windows ME on it. That operating system was so unstable, it was a joy to upgrade to Windows XP... it seemed to fix all the little glitches that had been plaguing me on that machine. I have no complaints on my XP machines now though. No sense begging for any. If it ain't broke... Well you know.