Thursday, December 14, 2006

AVG's latest FREEBIE

I have been a serious fan of AVG Antivirus for a few years now, and recommend the free version to anyone who is willing to listen. We have the full version of AVG on our main computer, but I keep the freebie on the laptop and it is more than satisfactory. I noticed while updating to the newest FREE version of AVG Antivirus, they have a FREE spyware offering. I kind of filed the info away a few weeks ago, but decided to download and install it tonight. If it is half as good as the antivirus, you will certainly hear from me! I don't like to recommend anything I don't actually use myself.

It installed great. Seems the installation file is actually a 30 day trial of the full version. Fine... It is scanning it's little fanny off now. At the end of 30 days it is supposed to revert to the free version and a few of the more automatic features will disappear. I have a feeling it will still be fine, but I'll let you know for sure!