Monday, March 15, 2010

Free Books for ITouch

Originally posted March 15, 2010 by Cindy O'Neal

Free books from bn.com (Barnes & Noble)
It does not cost a thing to sign up for a Barnes & Noble account, and it will give you access to any free books they have available. They have the cutest little free app for your Iphone/Touch. If you have a Blackberry, they even have a little something for you! It is as easy to download, set up and connect to your BN account as the Kindle app is. AND it downloads any "purchases" (free or otherwise) to your IPhone/Touch automatically.

You don't have to have an IPhone or ITouch either. They have free software you can use on your pc too (beginning to sound familiar?).
Ahhhhh! Competition! Thy name is Barnes & Noble!

The Kindle is great, but with a price war for ebooks looming, a "quiet war" is beginning to take place. People are voting with their wallets and quietly letting publishers and resellers know they are not the only option. It has nothing to do with a "WalMart mentality," as some elitists have suggested. It is simply a case of common sense and not wanting to spend money unnecessarily.

Amazon is the main place I purchase books from. I have been happy with them for years, but I still remember the days when I could spend hours browsing the shelves at my local Barnes & Noble store, so I have a long-standing account with them too. If I find a book I really want for less there, I would certainly consider purchasing it for my ITouch. I have several of their free offerings and actually enjoy reading on my ITouch as much as the Kindle. It is a different experience, took a little getting used to, but still a good read. I also have the Kindle app on my ITouch, so I feel like I have the best of both worlds at my fingertips. Why not have both!

Let the games begin!